- All four Carleton Ultimate Frisbee teams: CUT (D1), Syzygy (D1), Gods of Plastic (D3), and Eclipse (D3) have qualified for nationals.
- Courtney Dufford ‘14, a political science and environmental studies major has been selected as one of 50 Udall Scholarship winners for 2013. Carleton news release
- Sophie Daudon ‘13, Molly Rapaport ‘13, Shantrice King ’13, and Milan Cvitkovic ’13 have been announced as Fulbright Scholars for 2013-2014
- Charlie Bentley, '13 and Robin Wonsley, '13 have won Watson Fellowships. Bentley will study the isolation and marginalization of deaf communities in South Africa, Togo, Ghana, and Indonesia. Wonsely will work with prison programs to help women re-enter society in Norway, Ireland, Canada, Ghana, and Rwanda. Carletonian article
- Roy Grow, Frank B. Kellogg Professor of International Relations, announced his retirement, effective in June 2013.
- Steven Schier, Dorothy H. and Edward C. Congdon Professor of Political Science, was awarded the Fulbright Chair at Uppsala University by the Swedish Institute for North American Studies. He will be in residence in Uppsala from January to June of 2014.
- Noah Salomon, assistant professor of religion, has been awarded a Fellowship for Scholars from the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) School of Social Science in Princeton. This residential fellowship supports the completion of Salomon’s ethnography "The People of Sudan Love You, Oh Messenger of God," which explores the Sudanese experiment with Islamic statehood.
- Thomas Callister '13, won a Churchill Scholarship to study gravitational wave astronomy at the Institute of Astronomy at Cambridge University.
Coming up on campus
- Friday, 10 May, Convocation: Bob Beckel and Cal Thomas, A liberal Democratic strategist and a conservative columnist, 10:50am, Skinner Memorial Chapel
- Friday, 10 May, Knightlife Campfire and Stargazing with astronomer Joel Weisberg, 8:30pm, Hill of Three Oaks
- Friday, 17 May, Convocation: Randy Cohen, Former ethics columnist for New York Times Magazine, 10:50am, Skinner Memorial Chapel
- Saturday, 25 May, Spring Concert, 3:00pm, Rec Center Fields
Official events and academic calendar