Davis Hall was built in 1923 as the second men's dormitory. It was designed by Patton, Holmes and Flinn a Chicago architectural firm that designed a number of Carleton buildings in the early 20th century.
For many years it was the residence for freshmen men. At a later date, Musser Hall and Davis housed first year men. Davis is now, like all dorms, co-ed. First Davis is currently a quiet floor and fourth Davis is currently substance free. Davis is the southernmost portion of The Complex, and is connected on the first floor to Burton Hall. All Davis rooms have the luxury of private bathrooms.
Davis rooms come with a closet, two chests of drawers, two beds, and ethernet access. Unfortunately, Davis was one of the first buildings wired for ethernet, thus in some areas it has older wiring and may not reach peak 100mbs speeds. Davis rooms are fairly spacious, some even have bay windows. Most of the Davis interior is woodwork, although the building has been redone recently. One major purported benefit to Davis is its mystical heaters that have been known to blow cold air during the hotter parts of the year. Unlike some dorms, Davis heaters can be controlled from the rooms.
The majority of Davis residents are juniors and seniors due to the prestige attached to the dorm. A few freshmen are present on each floor. Composed mostly of doubles, Davis also houses several quints that are quite large and highly sought after. Each floor is slightly different, for example, fourth has a much larger lounge than the others, while third has an open lounge. Floor plan for the building can be found here.
Although it used to be residential, ground Davis now houses the Wellness Center.