Huntington House is named for Caroline and George Huntington. Caroline purchased the home in 1900, and left it to her husband when she died in 1912. Two years later, George wed Margaret Evans, and left the home to her in his will when he died in 1916. She then sold it to Carleton. It was used as a faculty residence until 1971, from which time it has been student housing.
Directions from Sayles-Hill
- Turn right from the steps of Sayles toward Willis Hall.
- At the end of the block, cross the parking lot (College Street), then turn right and cross First Street.
- Continue south down College Street. Huntington House is the last house on the left, at the corner of College and Second.