Patton, Holmes and Flinn
Patton, Holmes and Flinn was a Chicago architectural firm that designed a number of Carleton buildings in the early 20th century.
The firm was known as Patton and Fisher when it designed Scoville Hall as the college library in 1896. The Patton, Holmes, and Flinn firm designed the Music Hall in 1914, Burton Hall in 1915, Skinner Memorial Chapel in 1916, Nourse Hall in 1917, Leighton Hall in 1920, Davis Hall in 1923, Evans Hall and Laird Stadium in 1927, and Severance Hall in 1928.
The firm's design of Burton is considered the source of collegiate Gothic, a style based on Gothic English architecture of late sixteen and early seventeen centuries, known as Tudor Gothic.