Reynolds house named for Melissa and Benjamin Reynolds, who built the house in 1912. The house was left to Carleton in 1928 after the death of Melissa. It was used as faculty housing until 1975. It has been the home of Jewish House ever since then.
Directions from Sayles-Hill
- Turn right from the steps of Sayles toward Willis Hall.
- Turn right after Scoville Hall toward Musser Hall.
- Bear left and start down Union Street. Reynolds is the first house on the right, between Musser and Hunt Cottage.
In March 2010, the college announced its intention of razing Reynolds House in the following summer. Community News
- As the locus of Jewish activities on campus for over 30 years, the kitchen of Reynolds House is kept kosher, with separate refrigerators for meat and dairy. Unaware of this, maintenance staff once in the mid-90s transferred food between the refrigerators to do some repair work on one of them during a break. When the house residents discovered this, they had to bring in a rabbi to re-certify their kitchen.
- Publications Office, 2006 Calendar