Skinner Memorial Chapel was built in 1916. It was designed by Patton, Holmes and Flinn a Chicago architectural firm that designed a number of Carleton buildings in the early 20th century. Located next to the Bald Spot, it was the tallest building on campus at the time until the construction of Watson Hall, making it now the second-tallest.
The Skinner Chapel is used not only for religious services held by various denominations on campus, but also for events that require large seating, such as DVD Fest 2006. Each week's convocation is held in the Chapel, and several notable speakers have delivered speeches in it.