Strong House is a college-owned house located at 118 College Street (the corner of Second Street and College Street). It houses the college's Human Resources department, as well as apartments for faculty.
Strong House was originally the home of Carleton's first president, James W. Strong. He built the house in 1875 and sold it to his son Edward in 1912. The home passed through the hands of several different families after that time until the college purchased it in 1971.
- Publications Office, 2006 Calendar