Revision as of 18:55, 7 September 2008 by Ken Wedding '67
|Decades:||1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s|
|Years:||2003-2004 2004-2005 2005-2006 2006-2007 2007-2008 2008-2009 2009-2010|
Summer of 2006
- The sculpture Twigonometry was removed from its home near the Bald Spot in July.
- The Maple Street Apartments project, originally scheduled to begin construction this summer, was put on indefinite hold due to concerns from Northfield residents about the size of the building.
- On August 24th, 2006 Northfield, New Prague, and their surrounding areas were hit by a storm producing baseball to softball sized hail. (News report, photos)
- Senior Ted Mullin '07 died of cancer on September 3, just before the academic year. A memorial service was held for him in Skinner Chapel on October 2. Carleton news release
Fall Term 2006
- The Class of 2010 entered Carleton.
- Various temporary sculptures were displayed on the Bald Spot where Twigonometry used to be.
Winter Term 2007
- Geology teacher Shelby Boardman died of a sudden heart attack in January, and two memorial services were held for him, attended by Carleton students and faculty.
Spring Term 2007
- Carls for Life was registered as a student organization.
- Slow Food Carleton Convivium was registered as a student organization.
- Former CSA Treasurer, and then-current Vice President Peter Fritz '08 discovered $35,000 of surplus funds in the CSA treasury through careful accounting.
- The Class of 2007 graduated from Carleton.