Burton Dining Hall
Burton Dining Hall, sometimes called West Dining Hall, is located in the basement of Burton Hall. Built in 1916 and the only active dining hall at Carleton still located within a dormitory, Burton Dining Hall has a feel to it much different from that of the newer East Dining Hall. Burton Dining Hall still features a conveyor-belt system for returning trays. Menu selection at Burton is roughly the same as at East, although Burton still allows students to scoop their own ice cream out of large containers, which the newer East does not.