Laird Stadium was built in 1927. It was designed by Patton, Holmes and Flinn a Chicago architectural firm that designed a number of Carleton buildings in the early 20th century. Football games are played here in the fall as well as track and field events in the spring. In addition, the stadium holds some offices for the athletic department and 22 student rooms. It is typically referred to as Stadium (no definite article) to avoid confusion with Laird Hall.
Stadium includes two doubles, four triples and a sextet. In its capacity as student housing, Stadium is considered to be an off-campus house. Students who wish to live in Stadium must sign a Stadium Contract pledging to keep activities to residential areas and not disrupt the athletic department's space.
- Stadium was filled to capacity only once, when General Dwight D. Eisenhower spoke in 1952 while a candidate for US President.